Parish Policy Register
This page is currently being updated.
The Catholic Community of North Harbour commits all of its work to foster and uphold the dignity, self-esteem and integrity of every child.
Employees and volunteers at North Harbour are expected to perform all their duties with the welfare of all children in mind and in accordance with government legislation.
Employees and volunteers should:
- * Provide appropriate supervision to children and ensure their needs are addressed.
- * Use appropriate language at all times (this means a total absence of swearing, intimidating or other inappropriate language).
- * Ensure children/young people are not given alcohol, tobacco or illicit drugs.
- * Limit physical contact to appropriate contact initiated by the child. Don?t use physical touch to demonstrate an action without warning or being given permission. Don?t use unnecessary or unwarranted displays of physical affection.
- * Be open and transparent. The Commission for Children and Young People Act 1998 makes it an offence for a prohibited person to obtain, undertake or remain in child-related employment.
- * Not initiate or encourage any contact of a sexual nature with a child. This includes but is not limited to unwanted and inappropriate touching, inappropriate jokes or conversations (by any medium including telephone and email), suggestive remarks or actions, viewing of inappropriate material, sexual exhibitionism, personal correspondence and deliberate exposure of children to sexual behaviours.
- * Use non-confrontational behaviour management techniques and language. Don?t use physical contact to force compliance. Ensure your actions are open and transparent.
The parish priest should be informed immediately of any suspected cases of improper conduct by employees or volunteers involving a child. Broken Bay Diocese and the relevant government authority can also be contacted.
Employees and volunteers are required to fill out a Prohibited Employment Declaration declaring they are not prohibited from seeking, obtaining and undertaking or remaining in child-related employment.
PARISH POLICY REGARDING CHILD PROTECTION AND HIRE OF PREMISES
- Go to downloads and click on revelant policy.